Make A Comment

PLEASE SEND US YOUR COMMENT.Click on the word comments (to the right of posted by Terry Fox & the post time) . It takes you to a blank comment box. Write your comment. Hit the drop down box & select Name/URL. Put your name in the name box & leave the URL box empty, click on the continue box & then hit the publish button.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Over the River and through the woods to Tim Torgerson's house we go!

No glitches in the morning!  Getting started this morning was a bit easier as we stayed in a hotel last night.  We woke to a Continental Breakfast with no clean up and no beds to make.

Dave and Terry started the morning in St.Cloud at Clemens Park.  Acres of perennials in bloom and manicured to the nines.  They headed southeast to Inver Grove heights.  They were blessed with 20 miles of brand new blacktop with no traffic.  It was a dream come true.  I was driving the van so I was bit envious.

Once we got into the cities being support proved to be a bit challenging. Terry was like little riding hood trying to find his way thru the forest on the bike trails trying to get to St.Paul.   Dave and I drove from river spot to river spot trying to find him popping out every now then with no success!   You could call it a glitch!

We finally decided it would be best to just find each other at the end.  

We met up with Terry and Tim Torgerson who used to work at the YMCA some 26 years ago.  Tim and his wife Carol treated us to a lovely dinner of burgers on the grill and sweet corn.  It was fun for Dave and Terry to reminisce about the good old days of Austin.  Dave and Terry both went to Carol's fitness classes.  Terry said it was called TUF.  Tuned Up Fitness!  Terry said it was hard.  

Time to turn in!  More tomorrow!  We are heading to Steve Moe's house tomorrow.  Will somebody call Steve and tell him we are coming?


5 comments:

  1. We went for a bike ride along the river this evening, thinking about you coasters. After an hour, we were tired!! HA! Hope you continue to have good weather!!! Chuck and Sally Cleland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this will be a little shorter since I hit review and it erased everything I had typed although its better than Terrys hump and peck method. It was great to see you again Terry and I sure enjoyed meeting you Dave and Julie! We had a lot of laughs last night. It was interesting to see the behind the scenes publishing, editing, retyping ect... so we all can enjoy part of the trail with you. Don't forget to use the carmex!! Ha Ha Ha... Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Terry, this is Andy, the guy you ran into today about 2 miles south of the Coon Rapids Dam. I'm glad to see you made it south to Inver Grove Heights after all. I couldn't tell from your map of today's ride if you crossed the river at I-694 as we discussed or you found another route I'm not aware of. In any case, it looks like you crossed over to the west side of the Mississippi again at the Plymouth Street Bridge in Minneapolis and then headed straight south to Inver Grove Heights. As I told you today, I'm a bit jealous that you are making this trip all the way to LA. Totally exciting! Have a safe trip and have a blast. I'll be watching your progress with keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Terry, this is Andy, the guy you ran into today about 2 miles south of the Coon Rapids Dam. I'm glad to see you made it south to Inver Grove Heights after all. I couldn't tell from your map of today's ride if you crossed the river at I-694 as we discussed or you found another route I'm not aware of. In any case, it looks like you crossed over to the west side of the Mississippi again at the Plymouth Street Bridge in Minneapolis and then headed straight south to Inver Grove Heights. As I told you today, I'm a bit jealous that you are making this trip all the way to LA. Totally exciting! Have a safe trip and have a blast. I'll be watching your progress with keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you all and stay safe. My butt hurts just reading about all of the riding you have done.

    ReplyDelete